Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Things are looking up!


I had a life crisis of faith awhile ago. I had this sense that wouldn't go away that I was on the conveyor belt... moving towards a government pension, living in a city with no heart, hating a government with no soul, and hoping for an answer that isn’t there. Disillusioned. I had the serious blahs, a feeling that was seeming to come and go without any clear rationale. I had a strong desire to run away. And you know me... when I get like that I quit my job, dump my apartment and pack it in and move cross-country.

Well, some sage advice from a friend and my father, telling me that if I felt the need to change something there was no reason to go all drama and change everything, that I could find peace in smaller changes until I felt better. So that became the plan. That is when I decided it was time to look for a new/different kind of job. I got out of the city, and ran to the mountains a couple of times.

First to Banff:


Then to Kananaskis.


And came back feeling a little more at peace each time, and began looking for a new job. I had my first interview yesterday – which went very well. And my second one will be this Friday. I am still waiting on a call for the dream job in Kananaskis – working for Alberta Parks and Recreation, where I can run out of the office straight into the bush and start hugging trees in a cloud of bug-repellent.

I am staying positive!

- Dar

1 comment:

  1. This post was written on June 23. How am ever to keep up-to-date on your shenanigans if you NEVER write anything on here?!

    ReplyDelete