Monday, February 1, 2010

The List: Update

This picture is of Belize.
I look at it and it inspires me! 


I have gotten tons of encouragement as well as offers to participate from friends and family! So here is an update on my progress towards completing something from my list:

I have realized that this is an ambitious undertaking and that I must get started right away. Therefore I have done some preliminary research on a number of the things and I am really feeling motivated.

I have started learning some beginners Tai Chi, and am pleased by how relaxed and centered it makes me feel! The key to Tai Chi is constant and intentional movement as well as controlled breathing. I have already learned how to do: Opening the Door, Embracing the Moon, Parting the Horses Mane. There is still much to learn but I am enjoying it and will definately continue on! 

The next thing I have chosen to do from my list is to take up archery. I am currently looking into locations, lessons and cost. I even have a friend who is interested in trying it with me. Stay posted for my adventures as they unfold!!

One last thing...

Here is a pic I found of monkeys in Costa Rica - so cute!


I am not quite sure why no one is on board with my "pet a monkey" plan. It seems so clear to me, yet you all seem confused by my desire to do that.
So I have listed my reasons below:

- Monkeys are cute.

- Petting a monkey would be fun.

- Being able to say "I have pet a monkey." would be cool, as most people cannot say they have ever pet a monkey.

- Pet a monkey - why not? I do not see a downside to having the opportunity to pet a monkey.

So I have drawn the conclusion that perhaps you have not properly considered the upside to the experience. And I think you should review my reasons above again if you are still confused.

Peace out
Dar

4 comments:

  1. Those monkeys look like they bite...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were in the DR, there was a "mini zoo" at our resort (a bunch of birds and a monkey). The monkey was trained to take food from your hand. So I've fed a monkey. I would like to pet a monkey, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU Tyler!! Finally, someone agrees with me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've petted a Spider Monkey after it climbed down my arm, but it was in of all places - Holland!

    I saw a National Geographic special just before I made my first trip to the Netherlands and it showed a place called Apenheul literally "ape zoo". There are no cages in this park and we got to feed and interact with all different species. Capuchins, Snow Monkeys and I got closer to a Ring Tailed Lemur than I probably would have if I went to Madagascar. One thing though you have to empty your pockets and take off all your jewelry and place it in a special bag that zips up and locks - primates are little theives!

    If you want to know more here's the link:
    http://www.apenheul.com

    ReplyDelete