Friday, March 5, 2010

#15 - Take up Archery

On Wednesday I crossed another thing off my Hit List....

A friend and I went to learn archery at a local range. We got our bows and arrows, a short instruction on the fine art of shooting and the Robin Hood comments began to fly. It was so much fun. And I was surprised that I didn't suck as much I as I thought I would!

Here was our target:



Here was my first attempt - not very impressive, you will note that I barely managed to hit the target at all:


But after about an hour of practice shots, we got better. Lots better!


Look at that! It is practically a bullseye!

This is me in my Robin Hood stance:


And this is my Robin Hood shot - notice how I almost split one arrow with the next!


It was so much fun we are going to go again in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
Dar

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! (Didn't you used to go to Bible camp in the summer? Archery is one of the big events at camp, you know!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! Did you get to take shots at those bears I saw in the background??

    ReplyDelete